Previous England World Cup Managers
Since 1947 the England football team have had 16 managers over the 52 period, five of which have been appointed since the turn of the 21st century.
Walter Winterbottom - 1947â€“1963
Winterbottom was the first post war England manager and came from an era when managers were left in charge long enough to leave a legacy serving his country for sixteen years
Alf Ramsey - 1963â€“1974
Ramsey took over from Winterbottom and was known as a firm but fair manager. His greatest achievement was leading his England side to the World Cup Final in 1966.
Ron Greenwood - 1977â€“1982
Greenwood managed to guide his England side to their first World Cup in 12 years by qualifying for the 1982 World Cup in Spain.
Bobby Robson - 1982â€“1990
Robson took over from Greenwood after the England side were knocked out of the 1982 World Cup, he immediately courted controversy by dropping Kevin Keegan in his first game in charge.
Glenn HoddleÂ - 1996 -1999
Taking over from Terry Venables, Hoddle looked like the perfect choice in the role of England manager but his comments in an interview with a national newspaper led to his early dismissal.
Sven-Goran Eriksson - 2001â€“2006
The appointment of Sven-Goran Eriksson caused a major controversy among England fans after the English Football Association appointed him as the first foreign manager of the English national team.
- Celtic v Dinamo Zagreb Odds The draw looks a tempting bet for Europa League clash
- Tottenham v Besiktas Hosts tipped to edge out the Black Eagles
- Slovan Bratislava v Napoli Odds Italian side tipped to win Group I encounter
- Kuban v Everton Odds The match betting points towards a draw in Russia
- Basel v Liverpool Odds Reds start favourites despite woeful start to the season
- Zenit v Monaco Odds Russian side can secure a valuable Group C win on home soil
- Barcelona Juventus and Benfica star in our Champions League best bets
- Arsenal v Galatasaray Odds Back the Gunners to win and both teams to score at The Emirates