Penalty Shootout Heartbreak
England have been knocked out of the FIFA World Cup too many times and often by the heartache of a penalty shoot where England never excel as they have never won a World Cup penalty shout out.
England v Portugal 2006 World Cup
The last knockout via penalties was during the 2006 World Cup, England had drawn in 90 minutes with Portugal, after extra time had been played the score was still 0-0, then came the indignity of only one of our players managing to convert their penalty into a goal which resulted in a 3-1 win for Portugal.
England 1 - Portugal 3
WARNING, watching this video could bring back nightmares and raise stress levels.
Content plus link to a page on ever time we have been knocked out on penalties.
England v Germany 1990 World Cup
More heartache against our biggest footballing rivals Germany where they reached the semi finals, after extra time finished it was 1 - 1.
Pizza Hut Penalty Advert
Following Garth Southgates penalty miss in an England shirt the pizza company Pizza Hut commissioned a television advert that featured Stuart Pearce and Chris Waddle.
- Manchester Derby To End In A Draw As The Battle To Avoid 5th Place Hots Up
- Orlando Red Bulls And Galaxy Tipped For Home Wins In The MLS Treble
- Crystal Palace To End Tottenhams Title Hopes At Selhurst Park
- Hazard To Guide Chelsea To A Decisive Win Against Southampton
- Newcastle To Secure Promotion With A Big Win Over Preston
- Real To Beat Barcelona In An El Clasico Thriller At The Bernabeu
- Back Both Teams To Score In A Liverpool Win Against Palace
- Manchester United Odds On To Win The Europa League Following Semi Final Draw