Latest England News - England edge past Australia
England made it back-to-back 2-1 victories after beating Australia at the Stadium of Light. Much of the build-up focused on Marcus Rashford and the young Man Utd striker proved his worth by putting England ahead in the 3rd minute, a lead that was doubled early on in the second half-through Wayne Rooney. Eric Dier scored an unfortunate own goal shortly after coming off the bench, but in truth The Three Lions ran out comfortable winners.
England's 3 Warm-Up Fixtures
- England 2-1 Turkey - Sunday 22nd May
- England 2-1 Australia - Friday 27th May
- England v Portugal - Thursday 2nd June
Euro 2016 Betting
The European Championships is always a massive betting tournament and the betting was bigger than ever last time around in 2012. The hot favourites, Spain, were victorious yet again as they successfully defended their trophy and in the process won their third consecutive major tournament. Meanwhile, England were typically knocked-out on penalties in the quarter-finals.
This summer it's hosts France who top the pile in the outright market, followed by the usual contenders in World Champions Germany, and then holders Spain. Behind the main trio are the like of England, Belgium, Italy, and Portugal, while Wales, Republic of Ireland, and Northern Ireland are all long shots to stun the rest of Europe.
Euro 2016 Groups
Euro 2016 has been extended from 16 to 24 teams, meaning there are now six groups, each home to four countries, who will each play one another. Two teams automatically qualify through to the knockout stages, while the four best 3rd-placed teams will also advance to the last-16.
The action kicks-off on Friday 10th June when hosts France take on Romania at the Stade de France, while the final group stage matches take place on Wednesday 22nd June.
Euro 2016 Groups:
- Group A: France, Romania, Albania, Switzerland
- Group B: England, Russia, Wales, Slovakia
- Group C: Germany, Ukraine, Poland, Northern Ireland
- Group D: Spain, Czech Republic, Turkey, Croatia
- Group E: Belgium, Italy, Republic of Ireland, Sweden
- Group F: Portugal, Iceland, Austria, Hungary
England Football Fixtures & Results
England play three warm-up games against Turkey, Australia, and Portugal, while their opening Euro 2016 Group B match is against Russia on 11th June. The Three Lions beat Turkey 2-1 at the Etihad, and will now face Australia at the Stadium of Light.
Check out the England Fixtures & Results page for a full list of their recent scores.
World Cup 2018 Odds
Defending champions Germany are the favourites to retain their trophy in the latest World Cup 2018 Odds. Joachim Low's men hoisted their fourth golden globe in Brazil, and will now be gunnging to draw level with the Samba Kings (5 trophies) in four years time.
Meanwhile the usual candidates are in the mix for glory, including Brazil, Argentina and Spain. Alternatively Belgium and Colombia, who both impressed in Brazil, are definitely worth keeping an eye on, whereas England are further back in the betting.
|Rep of Ireland||125|
- Crystal Palace v Man Utd Betting Red Devils tipped to hoist 12th FA Cup
- Three Cup Finals backed to produce a lorry load of goals in Both Teams To Score treble
- Back Barca to beat Sevilla and both teams to score in the Copa Del Rey Final
- Juventus odds on to defeat Milan in the Coppa Italia Final
- Bayern to complete the double with DFB Cup victory over Dortmund
- Back United To Come Away With The FA Cup In This Weeks Football Treble
- Millwall v Bradford Odds Card markets are the play when entering the Lions Den
- Bank on goals galore during this weekends televised MLS matches