Latest England News - 3 Lions booted out by minnows Iceland
An abject England suffered the most humiliating defeat in their history - and that's saying something! - after losing 2-1 to minnows Iceland in the last-16 of the European Championships.
The Three Lions headed into the knockout stages as the favourites to beat the major tournament debutants, but despite taking a 4 minute lead, Roy Hodgson's band of underachievers found themselves behind after 18 minutes, and were simply unable to recover.
In the aftermath of the dismal defeat Hodgson unsurprisingly retired from his post, with Gareth Southgate, Glenn Hoddle, and Alan Pardew among the early favourites to replace him in the dugout.
Euro 2016 Betting
The European Championships is always a massive betting tournament and the 2016 edition as been no different. As we venture into the semi-finals of the competition it's World Champions Germany who narrowly lead the way ahead of France, Portugal, then Wales.
Euro 2016 Format
Euro 2016 Final
- Portugal v France
Semi-Final Fixtures & Results
- Portugal 2-0 Wales
- Germany 0-2 France
- Poland 1-1 Portugal (Portugal won 5-3 on penalties)
- Wales 3-1 Belgium
- Germany 1-1 Italy (Germany won 6-5 on penalties)
- France 5-2 Iceland
- Switzerland 1-1 Poland (Poland won 5-4 on penalties)
- Wales 1-0 Northern Ireland
- Croatia 0-1 Portugal (aet)
- France 2-1 Republic of Ireland
- Germany 3-0 Slovakia
- Hungary 0-4 Belgium
- Italy 2-0 Spain
- England 1-2 Iceland
Euro 2016 Groups:
(groups in order of where each team finished)
- Group A: France (1st), Switzerland (2nd), Albania (3rd), Romania (4th)
- Group B: Wales, England, Slovakia, Russia
- Group C: Germany, Poland, Northern Ireland, Ukraine
- Group D: Croatia, Spain, Turkey, Czech Republic,
- Group E: Italy, Belgium, Republic of Ireland, Sweden
- Group F: Hungary, Iceland, Portugal, Austria
World Cup 2018 Odds
Defending champions Germany are the favourites to retain their trophy in the latest World Cup 2018 Odds. Joachim Low's men hoisted their fourth golden globe in Brazil, and will now be gunnging to draw level with the Samba Kings (5 trophies) in four years time.
Meanwhile the usual candidates are in the mix for glory, including Brazil, Argentina and Spain. Alternatively Belgium and Colombia, who both impressed in Brazil, are definitely worth keeping an eye on, whereas England are further back in the betting.
- Crystal Palace v Man Utd Betting Red Devils tipped to hoist 12th FA Cup
- Three Cup Finals backed to produce a lorry load of goals in Both Teams To Score treble
- Back Barca to beat Sevilla and both teams to score in the Copa Del Rey Final
- Juventus odds on to defeat Milan in the Coppa Italia Final
- Bayern to complete the double with DFB Cup victory over Dortmund
- Back United To Come Away With The FA Cup In This Weeks Football Treble
- Millwall v Bradford Odds Card markets are the play when entering the Lions Den
- Bank on goals galore during this weekends televised MLS matches