Latest England News - England lose last game before Euro 2016 squad announcement
England fell to a 2-1 defeat at home to the Netherlands on Tuesday in their final game before Roy Hodgson reveals which players he'll be taking to this summer's European Championships. The England Squad announcement comes on 12th May, shortly before The Three Lions face Turkey, Australia, and Portugal in their final three warm-up matches ahead of their opening Euro 2016 clash against Russia.
England's Final 3 Warm-Up Fixtures
- England v Turkey - Sunday 22nd May
- England v Australia - Friday 27th May
- England v Portugal - Thursday 2nd June
Euro 2016 Betting
The European Championships is always a massive betting tournament and the betting was bigger than ever last time around in 2012. The hot favourites, Spain, were victorious yet again as they successfully defended their trophy and in the process won their third consecutive major tournament. Meanwhile, England were typically knocked-out on penalties in the quarter-finals.
This summer it's hosts France who top the pile in the outright market, followed by the usual contenders in World Champions Germany, and then holders Spain. Behind the main trio are the like of England, Belgium, Italy, and Portugal, while Wales, Republic of Ireland, and Northern Ireland are all long shots to stun the rest of Europe.
Euro 2016 Groups
Euro 2016 has been extended from 16 to 24 teams, meaning there are now six groups, each home to four countries, who will each play one another. Two teams automatically qualify through to the knockout stages, while the four best 3rd-placed teams will also advance to the last-16.
The action kicks-off on Friday 10th June when hosts France take on Romania at the Stade de France, while the final group stage matches take place on Wednesday 22nd June.
Euro 2016 Groups:
- Group A: France, Romania, Albania, Switzerland
- Group B: England, Russia, Wales, Slovakia
- Group C: Germany, Ukraine, Poland, Northern Ireland
- Group D: Spain, Czech Republic, Turkey, Croatia
- Group E: Belgium, Italy, Republic of Ireland, Sweden
- Group F: Portugal, Iceland, Austria, Hungary
England Football Fixtures & Results
England have played their final match ahead of the squad announcement on Thursday 12th May. After Roy Hodgson names his team to play in the European Championships attention will turn to the final three warm-up games against Turkey, Australia, and Portugal, while their opening Euro 2016 Group B match is against Russia on 11th June.
In England's most recent match they were unable to hold onto a 1-0 lead at home to Netherlands, losing 2-1, although they can take great confidence from their stunning come-from-behind 3-2 victory in Germany a few days earlier.
Check out the England Fixtures & Results page for a full list of their recent scores.
World Cup 2018 Odds
Defending champions Germany are the favourites to retain their trophy in the latest World Cup 2018 Odds. Joachim Low's men hoisted their fourth golden globe in Brazil, and will now be gunnging to draw level with the Samba Kings (5 trophies) in four years time.
Meanwhile the usual candidates are in the mix for glory, including Brazil, Argentina and Spain. Alternatively Belgium and Colombia, who both impressed in Brazil, are definitely worth keeping an eye on, whereas England are further back in the betting.
|Rep of Ireland||125|
- Back United To Sneak Home Against Champions Elect Leicester
- Back A Goal Fest As Dortmund Take On Wolfsburg In This Weeks Both Teams To Score Treble
- Burnley v QPR Odds Clarets to secure another narrow home win
- Back Valencia To Carry On Their Good Run In This Weeks La Liga Treble
- Back Newcastle and Sunderland to carve out crucial wins in Saturdays Super 6
- Brighton v Derby Odds Anthony to Knock another in at the Amex
- Back goals between Southampton and Man City at St Marys
- All Rhodes lead to Jordan in the last scorer betting for Birmingham v Boro