Latest England News - Rooney bags brace in 3-1 win
A first-half header from Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and a brace from Wayne Rooney after the break gave England a convincing 3-1 victory away to Scotland. It was The Three Lions' six successive win since returning from a disastrous World Cup, with the result ensuring that Roy Hodgson's men end 2014 on a high. England are next in action at home in a Euro 2016 Qualifier at home to Slovenia in March, which is followed by a friendly against Italy.
Euro 2016 Betting
The European Championships is always a massive betting tournament and the betting was bigger than ever in 2012. The hot favourites, Spain, were victorious yet again as they successfully defended their trophy and in the process won their third consecutive major tournament. Meanwhile England were typically knocked-out on penalties in the quarter-finals, but there were many positives to take from the tournament.
Euro 2016 will be held in France, with the tournament extended from 16 to 24 teams. England are competing in Group E alongside Switzerland, Lithuania, San Marino, Estonia and Slovenia, and should have few problems finishing at the top.
World Cup 2018 Odds
Defending champions Germany are the favourites to retain their trophy in the latest World Cup 2018 Odds. Joachim Low's men hoisted their fourth golden globe in Brazil, and will now be gunnging to draw level with the Samba Kings (5 trophies) in four years time.
Meanwhile the usual candidates are in the mix for glory, including Brazil, Argentina and Spain. Alternatively Belgium and Colombia, who both impressed in Brazil, are definitely worth keeping an eye on, whereas England are further back in the betting.
England Football Results
England headed into the Euro 2016 qualification campaign on the back of a shocking 2014 World Cup, which saw Hodgson's men eliminated after just two games. However, The Three Lions responded well by beating Group E rivals Switzerland 2-0 in Basel, followed by a 5-0 victory at home to San Marino. Check out the England Results page for a full list of their recent scores.
Will Wayne Rooney break England goalscoring record?
Three Lions skipper Wayne Rooney recently moved up to third in England's all time goalscoring list. At just 29 years of age the Man Utd player is on the verge of surpassing Sir Bobby Charlton's record tally of 49 goals, with Bet Victor pricing Rooney at 7/4 to break the record before 13 October 2015.
England Goalscoring List
- 49 - Sir Bobby Charlton
- 48 - Gary Lineker
- 46 - Wayne Rooney
- 44 - Jimmy Greaves
- 40 - Michael Owen
- 30 - Alan Shearer, Tom Finney & Nat Lofthouse
- Napoli v Inter Milan Odds Home team look good value for three points at the Stadio San Paolo
- Chievo v Roma Odds Giallorossi can end their draw hoodoo with victory at the Bentegodi
- Back West Brom to earn swift revenge with victory over Aston Villa in the FA Cup
- Athletic Bilbao v Real Madrid Odds Back Ronaldo to fire the visitors to victory at San Mames
- Spectre of relegation looms large for Martinez as Everton continue to be trimmed for the drop
- AC Milan v Verona Odds Rossoneri to grab three points at San Siro
- La Liga Best Bets Real Madrid Villarreal and Levante to grab wins
- Bradford v Reading Odds A replay beckons in this FA Cup quarter final tie