Latest England News - England squeak past Estonia
England maintained their 100% start to the Euro 2016 qualifying campaign after recording a narrow 1-0 victory away to 10-man Estonia. The Three Lions were well below par but a second-half free-kick by skipper Wayne Rooney was enough to seal the win and make it three wins out of three for Roy Hodgson's troops.
England are next in action at home to Slovenia on Saturday 15 November.
Euro 2016 Betting
The European Championships is always a massive betting tournament and the betting was bigger than ever in 2012. The hot favourites, Spain, were victorious yet again as they successfully defended their trophy and in the process won their third consecutive major tournament. Meanwhile England were typically knocked-out on penalties in the quarter-finals, but there were many positives to take from the tournament.
Euro 2016 will be held in France, with the tournament extended from 16 to 24 teams. England are competing in Group E alongside Switzerland, Lithuania, San Marino, Estonia and Slovenia, and should have few problems finishing at the top.
World Cup 2018 Odds
Defending champions Germany are the favourites to retain their trophy in the latest World Cup 2018 Odds. Joachim Low's men hoisted their fourth golden globe in Brazil, and will now be gunnging to draw level with the Samba Kings (5 trophies) in four years time.
Meanwhile the usual candidates are in the mix for glory, including Brazil, Argentina and Spain. Alternatively Belgium and Colombia, who both impressed in Brazil, are definitely worth keeping an eye on, whereas England are further back in the betting.
England Football Results
England headed into the Euro 2016 qualification campaign on the back of a shocking 2014 World Cup, which saw Hodgson's men eliminated after just two games. However, The Three Lions responded well by beating Group E rivals Switzerland 2-0 in Basel, followed by a 5-0 victory at home to San Marino. Check out the England Results page for a full list of their recent scores.
Will Wayne Rooney break England goalscoring record?
Three Lions skipper Wayne Rooney recently moved up to fourthin England's all time goalscoring list. At just 28 years of age the Man Utd player certainly has time to surpass Sir Bobby Charlton's tally of 49 goals, with Bet Victor pricing Rooney at 7/4 to break the record before 13 October 2015.
England Goalscoring List
- 49 - Sir Bobby Charlton
- 48 - Gary Lineker
- 44 - Jimmy Greaves
- 42 - Wayne Rooney
- 40 - Michael Owen
- 30 - Alan Shearer, Tom Finney & Nat Lofthouse
- Parma v Inter Milan Odds Pressure is beginning to mount on Robert Donadoni at the Ennio Tardini
- Barcelona v Celta Vigo Odds Back Luis Suarez to make an instant impact on his home debut
- Atletico Madrid v Cordoba Odds Home side tipped to pick up a fourth win on the bounce
- Serie A Best Bets Treble Features Napoli and Lazio Wins
- Newcastle bid to maintain fine run of form by upsetting the odds against Liverpool
- Wolves v Birmingham Odds Blues search for a change of fortunes under Gary Rowett
- Norwich v Bolton Odds Canaries bid to end five match winless run at Carrow Road
- Deportivo v Getafe Odds Depor start favourites at the Riazor