Latest England News - Hodgson leaves out Sturridge
Daniel Sturridge has been left out of Roy Hodgson's England Squad for the final two qualifiers against Estonia and Lithuania. Meanwhile, The Three Lions gaffer has handed the duo of Dele Alli and Danny Ings their first senior call-ups. England will lock swords with Estonia at Wembley on Friday, before making the trip to Lithuania three days later.
Back in September Wayne Rooney broke Sir Bobby Charlton's all-time England top goalscorer record after scoring the second goal in his side's 2-0 victory at home to Switzerland, taking his tally to 50 in a Three Lions shirt. The win, England's eighth in a row in Group E, extended their lead at the summit of the table to a staggering nine points with two games to play, meaning they can't be caught.
England v Estonia Tips
- England to win by 3 or more goals @ 5/4 with Sky Bet
- England to win to nil @ 8/13 with Sky Bet
- England to be leading after 15 minutes with William Hill
Euro 2016 Betting
The European Championships is always a massive betting tournament and the betting was bigger than ever in 2012. The hot favourites, Spain, were victorious yet again as they successfully defended their trophy and in the process won their third consecutive major tournament. Meanwhile, England were typically knocked-out on penalties in the quarter-finals, but there were many positives to take from the tournament.
Euro 2016 will be held in France, with the tournament extended from 16 to 24 teams. England have already booked their spot in the tournament after winning all eight of their Group E matches so far, meaning they can't be caught with two games left to play.
Euro 2016 Qualified Teams
- France (hosts)
- Czech Republic
World Cup 2018 Odds
Defending champions Germany are the favourites to retain their trophy in the latest World Cup 2018 Odds. Joachim Low's men hoisted their fourth golden globe in Brazil, and will now be gunnging to draw level with the Samba Kings (5 trophies) in four years time.
Meanwhile the usual candidates are in the mix for glory, including Brazil, Argentina and Spain. Alternatively Belgium and Colombia, who both impressed in Brazil, are definitely worth keeping an eye on, whereas England are further back in the betting.
England Football Fixtures & Results
England headed into the Euro 2016 qualification campaign on the back of a shocking 2014 World Cup, which saw Hodgson's men eliminated after just two games.
However, The Three Lions have responded in superb style, having won all eightÂ of their Group E fixtures so far., meaning they have qualified through to next summer's howpiece spectacle.
The final two matches will take place in October at home to Estonia and away to Lithuania, while there are friendlies against France and Germany scheduled for November and March.
Check out the England Fixtures & Results page for a full list of their recent scores.
- Aguero Just Squeezes In To EPL Team Of The Weekend
- Jurgen Klopp heads the betting to be next Liverpool manager
- Chelseas dodgy defence may struggle against freescoring Southampton
- Expect Goals On Sunday As Everton and Liverpool Meet In Massive Merseyside Derby
- Away whiz kids West Ham can pile more pressure on Sunderland gaffer Dick Advocaat in Saturdays Super 6 coupon
- Man Utd tipped to add to Wenger and Arsenals woes at The Emirates
- Set pieces could decide Saturdays Crystal Palace v West Brom clash
- New York City can get the weekends MLS treble off to a flyer